It has been 6 months since my last post and so much has happened since then.
- I realize that Doctors are human and are only as good as they want to be.
- I have the right to question said doctors and not be afraid of their reactions.
- I can search out other opinions so I can make informed opinions.
- I am a survivor.
- I am wealthy beyond all means: I have loving and caring family, neighbours and friends.
- I love driving school bus: I have a skill and talent for driving and I enjoy my "kids"! I'm sorry that I cannot support myself in this "occupation", but am willing to "do what it takes" to incorporate it into my livelihood.
- I can no longer work inside "boxes" (offices) anymore. I am in awe of people who can do this.
- I listen to my body when it says: rest! If I don't, I am not a nice person to be around and I can't seem to help myself and don't think very good!
- Life is not fair, but there has to be something good to come out of it.
- I don't have to measure up to other people's measuring sticks. I'm perfectly happy with mine and my ability to learn from my mistakes and to take responsibility for my mistakes.
- God can be honoured in many different ways and doesn't have to worshipped in a building or feared continually.
- Animals are a great comfort to me, but they are not humans. They are companions that take a lot of work!
- I have met some awesome people online. We live in a scary, but wonderful world of technology! I choose to embrace it rather than fear it!
- Asking for help is not a "sign" of weakness!
- Listening and offering help to others is imperative!
- Pride can make a person mentally/physically sick!
- Last but not the least, I love my husband, Leonard, and hope I can be a comfort to him in the days/weeks/months to come!
I think the last 6 months have made me a better person. I will continue day by day to be a caring, loving wife, sister, daughter, friend, neighbour, co worker, and member of the human race. I will stumble and probably fall, since I am human, but I have the strength through God and those around me to get up, to be helped up and to keep moving forward. I want to be an asset on this earth, not a liability!