Sunday, December 28, 2008

Uh-ohhhh

Since I'm of that age of taking nightly trips to the washroom.... I encountered one of my worst nightmares at 4:30 a.m.... flooded basement! For some reason the sump pump didn't come on. I must have jiggled something when I was looking into the hole and it came on... Unfortunately the basement floor isn't level.

I have spent this day mopping and slogging water. The carpet is still wet.... I can only hope that I can extract more water from it tomorrow. I have pains in my body that shouldn't feel like this! LOL

There is no one to blame but myself. I can't even blame it as an "act of God"! I knew it rained inches yesterday and melted feet of snow so I should have checked it before I went to bed, but....

Guess I'm going to get a head start on clearing/cleaning out the basement this week.

If there is an upside to this mess, it is this.... Leonard spent the night at his son's house and I was asked to stay also, but the dogs were home and I didn't want them to be by themselves, so I went home. If we would have come home at 3 p.m. today, OMG! I don't want to think of mess! Nope this post doesn't have anything to do with wire, but it is about living.

No comments: